Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Snap

Well, after 2 days 20 hours of fasting, in a misguided attempt to starve a suspected bacterial infection, I’ve finally snapped and started feeding and watering myself again. The weather didn’t help, with the summer coming back for one last day of torment a day before the official start of autumn.


Sweet, cold, beautiful autumn!


I believe I was made for a colder climate. Quite literally, actually, as I’m genuinely thick-skinned. Not emotionally, of course. My dad tends to overheat easily too, so perhaps it has something to do with my Canadian heritage. If I wasn’t so visually impaired, and if I was more practical and confident, I think I would have made a good farmer. I’m a real morning person too, so that would have been an advantage. Plus I don’t get along with people very well, so a life of isolation amongst cattle would suit me perfectly.


Maybe in the next life, huh?


I’m actually planning a short story about a lonely young farmer who finds platonic companionship in the form of a wayward boy from the nearby town. I feel as though I should at least read one book on farming for research though, but the below RiffTrax video is a light-hearted start. I still need to crack on with researching botany for one of my serialised stories, but that one’s stalled at the moment.


Inspiration is just lacking.


I keep amending tomorrow’s supermarket delivery. Sometimes it’s mostly food. Sometimes it’s mostly booze. It depends on what mood I’m in, which tends to bounce around thanks to my cyclothymia. It’s currently mostly booze, since the food-heavy version was meant to coincide with ending my fasting period. I’ve already done that now, so fuck it. Booze it is! I’ve frigging earned it.


My new neighbour was drilling into our adjoining wall earlier, which freaked me out. I hope he’s not putting up speakers to turn his flat into a nightclub. That would be just my luck! He’s probably just putting up pictures or shelving though. Or chains to turn his bedroom into a sex dungeon. Nothing would surprise me around here! He’s still kicking in the building’s main door downstairs, so maybe I’ll slip my spare entry fob through his letterbox. I just can’t see how that won’t come across as passive-aggressive though, like “Crazy Bin Lady” creepily returning stuff I throw out.


Golly, it’s weird having caffeine in my system again after nearly 3 days! I do not function well without it.


Righty-ho, I best go figure out how to make food again. I’ve got a Chinese takeaway curry defrosting on the counter, so I’ve got that to look forward to. I’ll probably serve it with some brown rice, which goes well with Chinese entrees.


Do stay in touch, city folk.


Toodles!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Snap

Well, after 2 days 20 hours of fasting, in a misguided attempt to starve a suspected bacterial infection, I’ve finally snapped and started f...