Well, I’ve calmed down a bit since my last post, but I’m still baffled why I didn’t get more than 24-hours notice for a weekend meet-up. I guess I dodged a bullet in not going, as manoeuvring around town is a nightmare at the weekend. All the worst people are out and about who don’t mind stealing taxis off disabled people. A woman once chased the one I was in down a busy street, even though it was the afternoon when plenty of taxis are about. Idiot. I hardly leave my home anymore, but I certainly avoid weekends, as a rule.
Bless the cooler weather, but curse the sunshine! There’s a nice breeze and temperatures conducive to doing, well, anything, but the sun is brighter than it’s ever been. Has there been a change in its makeup or something? I don’t remember it ever being this bright before. I shouldn’t have to walk around wearing a peaked-cap indoors.
I’ve been drinking heavily due to my mysterious illness. “Lesbo Lisa” has recommended calling 111, as I just can’t get an appointment with my GP. The receptionist seems to find pleasure in telling me that, even with an appointment, I still won’t be able to see a doctor until next month. Sigh. I wouldn’t want the NHS replaced, but it certainly can do better. Booze-wise, I’ve been sticking to beer, since either the white wine or cider kept making me constipated. Now the, erm, “spice” flows naturally, which is a relief.
I like pooping, so don’t enjoy it being an ordeal.
I’ve had some discs delivered for a potential movie marathon, this one about A-list flops from the 80s and 90s. Thought that’d be fun. I’ve also had the original Shaft trilogy delivered, which could also become a marathon. I can’t believe they’ve tried rebooting it again recently, even with the same title as the last one. Cue everyone being confused when trying to buy one of the three films now out there simply called: “Shaft”.
I’ve been watching a lot of Russian family films on YouTube, which are cheering me up. I don’t speak a word of Russian, but I get the idea of what’s going on. Some of the videos are standalone movies, but some are miniseries that the uploader has “top and tailed”, so you don’t have to sit through the opening titles and closing credits continuously. I heartily approve of this! Most of them are on this channel and this channel, so do give them some love.
Someone knocked on my door earlier, but I just ignored it. It’s usually someone selling an energy supply or religion at that time of day. I certainly wasn’t expecting any deliveries or guests. They did persist though, not just leaving after the first knock. Hmm. If it was that important then surely they’d have left a note or tried to call me. But they didn’t. So there. I could really do without mysterious visitors pestering me when I’m lying in bed in pain and hungover.
There’s not much in the kitchen to eat, so I’ll try and put in a shopping order later. Booze included. It’s a pain-in-the-arse having to use my can crusher over and over again, but at least it’s better than a literal pain-in-the-arse in terms of bowel movements. Ha! Word play.
I’ve still not ordered that new television, as I’m waiting for the shop’s website to sort itself out. I hope it isn’t to do with my laptop, which has been acting weird lately. I even tried ordering a takeaway Saturday night, but both restaurant sites I tried seemed to think it was Tuesday and wouldn’t offer me service. Maybe I tried ordering too late in the evening, but you’d think they’d be keen for business on a Saturday. Very strange indeed!
Well, I shall leave it there and go do some can crushing.
This is my life right now.
Do stay in touch, darlings.
Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment