Monday, 17 August 2026

A broken handle on things

Yet more hot weather blues, I’m afraid. We even got a wildfire alert from the government on our phones, as apparently they have control over them now. Bit creepy, that. I wonder how many accidents it caused, as it was very loud and unexpected. A simple text message would have sufficed.


The handle on my bathroom window broke yesterday, which had absolutely nothing to do with me slamming it hard due to “Obnoxious Camp Guy” making noise again. He gets bad in the evening, which is when you really could do with a bit of quiet. It must be a drink problem. I wonder why he’s at home all day everyday. My disability is my excuse, but he seems pretty mobile.


It’s best not to ask such questions around here.


I’ll call the council about the window tomorrow, as I assume they get a rush of repair calls on Mondays and Fridays. It’s not the biggest priority in the world, but I would like it sorted for winter.


Two kids were knocking on my door yesterday, as they’d found a key on the floor and were looking for its owner. It was weird, as something similar has happened before, only with a takeaway delivery driver. I don’t know why they can’t just leave the keys where they find them. The kids seemed to go to doors in the building at random too, which added strangeness to the event. I’m pretty sure I’m not imagining these things.


Hmm…


Those sores on my back are affecting my sleep now. I can’t lie down when they get bad, so I get up and start drinking. Nothing seems to help, so I’ve started to believe they’re now-standard diabetic infections. Usually they come in the form of pustule boils in sensitive areas (anywhere warm, dark, moist, and hairy), but this one is clearly a little different and has spread out over a larger area. I’m hoping it’s gone through the apex of its lifespan and will be losing its potency from now on.


I really, really, really hope.


I’m not sure whether I’m hungover or not right now. I’m teetering on the edge of either state. It feels disconcerting, but not insufferable. I’ve got a shopping order coming soon, which is mostly booze-based. I’ll have a bath after the driver has gone, then figure out whether to continue drinking. The heat does seem to be rising again, as do my back pains.


It’s just one thing after another keeping me in this alcoholic slump. Although I guess I use any old excuse really. You could surely create a drinking game based on my boozy behaviour.


Sigh.


Do stay in touch, darlings.


Toodles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A broken handle on things

Yet more hot weather blues, I’m afraid. We even got a wildfire alert from the government on our phones, as apparently they have control over...