Tuesday, 28 July 2026

As the sun goes down

Well, after dinner and a nap, I feel as though the bubble of depression inside me has finally popped, thus relieving some pressure. I’ve decided to do something about my recent woes, including contacting the local blind society to receive counselling. I believe they offer it to their disabled clients who are struggling with whatever it is that ails them. Their centre in town has something of a geriatric-vibe to it, but I think I’m ready for that now.


My world is so small these days, and I live in fear of everything and everyone around me. Perhaps the blind society can help empower me.


I was even beginning to freak out my friend “Lesbo Lisa” with my depressive texts, which isn’t a good sign. Being so vulnerable and not having any friends or family nearby is a struggle, especially when your neighbours appear to have formed a cabal of nosy intrusion. Am I being paranoid? I do not know. I can no longer tell what is real and what is imagined.


“Obnoxious Camp Guy” has been screaming at his television a lot this evening. He doesn’t seem to understand that it cannot hear him. But his poor neighbours can. Sigh. I only hope that nature brings autumn early this year. I really could do with the cold weather forcing people back inside to quietly mind their own business.


I had that Chinese entree by itself, as my low appetite means I probably couldn’t have coped with a rice accompaniment. And I love rice. Mountains of it. I may have some noodles with egg on top later. I’ve got a supermarket order coming tomorrow morning, so I’m trying to think of things to add to that.


Just whatever doesn’t generate too much heat, basically.


I’ve had a spike in views over at The Whittling Post. Not sure what that’s all about, but it seems to be easing off now. It’s been views of random posts from all over the world. I must say, it’s pretty grim when they only view one chapter of a serialised story, but that’s nothing new. I think someone did go through one of them in full once, but they never said anything. I really must have impressed them, huh?


I believe my comments are switched on, albeit moderated.


The humidity this evening means I’m struggling to breath again, which is not a nice experience. It’s like I’m drowning on dry land, but hey-ho. I’ve just had some more coffee to stop me passing out from heat stroke, which is rather worrying.


Right, I best waddle back over to my armchair and watch more MST3K. Joel and his beloved bots will keep me company, for sure.


Do stay in touch, darlings.


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As the sun goes down

Well, after dinner and a nap, I feel as though the bubble of depression inside me has finally popped, thus relieving some pressure. I’ve dec...