Yet more heatwave misery to report. Fun, huh? It’s the opposite of the covid lockdown, which spoiled the fun of sociable people who enjoy going out a lot. Heatwaves stifle the fun of shy, awkward, lonely nerds with sedentary hobbies. I mean, the devices we use to while away the time with literally overheat and have to be shut down, spoiling our fun! There are high winds this morning, but they are treacherously misleading, as I just had to shut my console down after two races in GTA Online.
Oh the deepest of sighs!
The supermarket party boxes of white wine keep flowing, which helps drown out the sound of happy people outside having fun and enjoying what is making me so miserable. To give them some credit, the kids around here are actually pretty well behaved. It’s the adults who are troublesome and in need of a jolly good spanking. I’m tempted to buy one of those sonic antisocial behaviour deterrent things, only one tuned to the frequency of people in their 30s and 40s.
Why hot weather makes assholes even louder, I will never know.
I had a Chinese takeaway last night, as cooking is just not desirable in this weather. Yet another hobby ruined by the temperature! I enjoy cooking, especially boiling big pans of rice, but it’s no fun when you’re in danger of passing out in the middle of the kitchen mid-stir.
I’ve decided to hyphenate less and less, as I was going a bit overboard with it. I just started wanting all the-words-to-be-intimately-connected!
But, yes, I’ll cool off.
I’ve been down a lot of YouTube rabbitholes lately. They’re recommending a lot of cute videos that are putting a smile on my face. So few things do nowadays. Some videos are desperate and manipulative attempts to earn monetisation, but I dunno. Sometimes you just gotta take the honest with the exploitative. As I believe Werner Herzog once said: “The poet must never avert his eyes!”. Or something like that.
I guess I shouldn’t use quotation marks when I’m paraphrasing, but I can’t be arsed to go back two lines and delete them. See?! This is what the weather’s doing to me!
I might go brew another cafetière of coffee, lest I pass out from heat exhaustion. No wonder many hot countries have a coffee-based economy.
Urgh, I can hear “Obnoxious Camp Guy” shouting already. I’m sure he’s just having a casual conversation inside his home, but, for some annoying reason, I can hear and understand every word of it. I think he also sits outside his maisonette and plays with the local kids a lot, which is a concern. Flamboyant, effeminate males can be dangerous too, folks. There was a guy who lived over the way who used to use his dog as a prop to talk to the local kids, but I think somebody had a word with him, as I no longer hear him on his networking walks. I don’t think he was really up to anything salacious, I just think he was an idiot who didn’t know not to do stuff like that.
At least not in this day and age. And in the UK.
I got a strange text from my energy company yesterday. Apparently they are concerned (?!) that I haven’t topped-up my meter lately, so they are going to turn my power off and on for… a reason. Is it to punish me?! That doesn’t sound legal. I also got a text from the national power grid around the same time warning me of power outages. Fuck knows. I don’t know why energy companies feel the nedd to be so intrusive and threatening, but I’m guessing it has to do with profits, profits, and more profits.
We are no longer the customer. We are the product.
I have no grand plans for today, other than I wish to sober up. This may not last very long. If the neighbours start being noisy again, then I’ll probably spend most of my time with that white noise playlist booming in my ears as I attempt to masturbate myself to sleep.
We shall see.
Do stay in touch, darlings.
Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment